Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Klukk Me, Klukk You

Yeah! I've been klukked by Aamina. I have no idea what "Klukk" actually means only that it is some Icelandic term. I tried to 'Yahoo!' it, but ended up some foreign definitions I cannot understand. Other than that, I am supposed to state 5 random facts about myself. So here they are in no particular order:

1) I have a phobia about using damp hand towels. It's probably some learned behavior I acquired while at work. It grosses me out to think that other people have wiped their dirty hands on the same towel after using the bathroom. It think of all bacteria, viruses, and mold that not only live, but THRIVE in the dampness of the towels. I cringe at the thought of damp warts and it shedding all over the towel by the friction of wiping your hands. I know it's a stretch, but that's why they call it a phobia. When you really think about it, you just get your hands dirty again.

2) I absolutely LOVE bloopers that are caught on television. Whenever "Game Show's Greatest TV Moments" premieres on NBC, I am hooked and laugh insanely whenever someone trips running down the aisle or says a stupid answer. I also love just about any newscaster blooper or any practical joke played on some poor unsuspecting soul. So when Kamran talked about the "Afro Ninja" on his blog, I not only checked out the clip, but every clip featured on the website! (www.ebaumsworld.com)

3) To continue off from #2, the practical joke that left me completely in tears and hunched over in laughter was this one. PLEASE check it out, you will not regret this one! OMG, it was soooo freakin' funny!!!! Just copy and paste it: www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/ratperson.html


4) Has and I may have met in different life...life at Gaithersburg Middle School! It's true, when Has and I first met, he freaked me out by saying that he also went to the same middle school as I did. To prove his point, he pulled out his old-school GHS yearbook and showed me his thin, bony, 8th grade self in 1992. Embarrassed, he flipped to the 7th grade section and showed me my own picture...I had the "geek works": spiky permed hair, thick pink glasses, braces, and the overalls attached to "skorts". My god, remember those days?

5) To continue off in our crossing paths topic, I also learned that Showieb (my B-I-L) worked in the same ice cream store that my ONCE good friend also worked in. In other words, her mother owned that very same ice cream store that Showieb spent plenty-o-hours "sampling" premium ice creams behind the counter. (I say ONCE to that friend as the fists-of-fury recount life at UMBC and UMB).




*What a great couple we would have made back in those days...


BTW, I now "klukk" the following persons: Zehra, Sarah, Kamran, Showieb, and Meenu!

4 Comments:

Blogger Aisha said...

as soon as i saw hasan's picture i thought of john travolta and now i cant get "staying alive" out of my head! Ahhhhhh.

11:52 PM  
Blogger ZZ said...

Now that's the Christina I remember back from elementary/middle/high school ;) Cute pictures Christina and funny post (as usual). I'll be posting my 'Klukk' entry soon!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Kamran Ahmad, CISSP said...

Done.

I also have a problem with germs. I always use a tissue to open a public bathroom door on the way out.

Thanks for the rat video. I just saw it and it is truly a classic. I can't say I wouldn't be just as scared if I saw that ugly looking thing jump out of a cabinet. I probably would arm myself at that point and attempt to beat the leaving crap out of that mutant.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Lol... I would never have recognized you too in middle school! :) btw the rat video was HILLARIOUS!

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home