Thursday, October 06, 2005

Pri-Med 2005

As part of my clinical hours for school, I attended the Pri-Med Conference at the Baltimore Convention Center today for a series of lectures focusing on primary-care issues. (Not as fun as Kamran's conventions with an Optimus Prime booth!) I listened to lectures about hyperlipidemia, hypertension, anxiety, and thryoid complications. Blah, blah...

BEST of all, were the exhibitions...you could try out massage chairs, speak to representatives about their latest medical equipment and technology, and even try samples of Pom fruit juice as an alternative antioxidant (not me...Ramadan, remember?). Blah, blah. The best part was talking to drug representatives and getting FREE gifts. My friend Jenny and I made out like bandits in the exhibition hall! Buzzing from booth to booth like the busy-bees we were! And check out our stash!

Bags, books, unlimited pens, free samples of Advil, stainless steel mugs, pads, education posters, personalized journals, pillows, calculators, reflex hammers, spirometers, mouse pads, pen lights, more pens, highlighters, and best of all, USB external drives (yes, you heard that right!




What a dork I am! Not only am I wearing my glasses (I'll blog about the reason later...), but I'm posing with a couple of "things" from the drug Actos that treats Type 2 diabetes.

3 Comments:

Blogger ZZ said...

Hey Christina -

Do you by any chance have an extra pen that I could borrow ;)

9:36 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yeah.. I need one too. :-D Hehehe... looks like you had an awesome time! I love conventions too.

BTW Pom juice is great!

:-D

3:38 PM  
Blogger Kamran Ahmad, CISSP said...

Maybe you didn't meet Prime at a convention but you're married to him! LOL! That will never get old! I guess taking a picture with the Fruit of a Loom gang ain't that bad. ROFL!

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home