Monday, October 03, 2005

There is hope...

Jeez...I'm totally procrastinating!!!!! It's my first exam of the semester and it's worth 25% of my total grade. I morph into this ADD freak when I begin to study. First, I organize my study area, then check my email, check my blog to see if I've "caught any fish" (those who comment in my blogs), check 'Yahoo's' entertainment section for the latest celebrity gossip, and check my email again...it's a horrible, horrible, OCD-ish cycle.

Anyways, I'm taking my 10th break since 8pm and here's a the beginning of a conversation between me and my brother-in-law, Showieb:

Tanookie78: Dr., I have a question
DrLove9701: yes
DrLove9701: nurse
Tanookie78: HAHA
Tanookie78: it's about renal artery stenosis
DrLove9701: ok...shoot
Tanookie78: why choose an ARB (like diovan) over an ACE (if it's renal protective)?
Tanookie78: don't they do the same thing by vasodilating the afferent arteries?
DrLove9701: really the only reason to choose an ARB over an ACE is if someone is not tolerating an ACE...i.e. they get the ACE cough
Tanookie78: yeah...but in lecture they told us that if someone has renal artery stenosis they should be on an ARB instead
Tanookie78: i checked it out on ePocrates and they said the same thing
Tanookie78: but what is the reason?
Tanookie78: the only reason I can think of it is because the ACE is renal protective and may mask symptoms of the stenosis
Tanookie78: jeez...i sound like a geek


Woooooooohoooo!
There is hope for me...at least I can sound intelligent.


BTW, thanks Showieb!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kamran Ahmad, CISSP said...

You stun me with your medical vocabulary. I bet you can follow all those Hollywood hospital shows easy, like ER or Grace's Astrology ;^).

I'm still waiting for television to come out with a drama about computing and gaming. There would be a special episode where the evil villain, a spammer, would hack into the hero's email and send filthy emails to their school's principal. They would meet online and have a one on one dual in video game where the loser would have to hand over their machine and the winner defame the loser's web site.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Interesting idea, Kam...I'm sure it'll be a hit on the 'G4 channel' (video game network)!

And Showeib, if you want more lines next time, you'll have to show me that you're a superstar, A-list actor. And don't forget to update your blog...

10:23 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

I'm glad i'm becoming a lawyer.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home