Thursday, May 18, 2006

While I Wait...

I'm waiting for Hassan to come home after a week's long business trip in Chicaaago. His plane has been delayed...twice, so now he'll be home later than expected. So while I wait for the door to open, I thought I'd blog about some randomness...

My mother is on the "Sunglass Hut's Most Wanted List". No joke. I always new my mom was a shop-a-holic, but this takes it to a whole new level. Besides, do you thinkTanookie moments only happen to me? My goodness, then you haven't met the original Tanookie: my mom!

So the story begins with my mother purchasing a pair of Dolce&Gabbana sunglass (remember, she's a shop-a-holic) from the Sunglass Hut. She doesn't like them because they're "too dark" when you look through them. So she exchanges them with another, more expensive pair of D&C glasses. No problem, but then 30 days later she realizes that she doesn't like this new pair either because "they make lines on her face". So, she attempts to exchange the pair after 30 days, but the manager refuses to do it. Huffing and puffing, she goes to another Sunglass Hut in hopes that they'll have a different policy.

When she gets to the store, there is a young worker eager to help my mom with her exchange. However, she has to call the manager to approve this exchange and unfortunately for her, it's the same manager as the previous store. She's speaking on the phone, "Mmmm, Mmmm" she says. "Mmmm, Mmmm, " she nods. My mom claims that the manager is giving the worker a description of my mom. Turns out that my mom's customer number has been "entered" into the computer system and they have been keeping record of her transactions.

"Sorry, but we can't exchange this sunglass," repeats the once eager worker.

So now my mom still has these Dolce&Gabbana glasses that put marks on her face. Tommorrow she'll attempt to return them at the Sunglass Hut located in downtown Baltimore...after my graduation. Wish her luck...

Update 5/19: My mom successfully exchanged her sunglasses for a more practical, not-so-dark pair!

Another Update 5/20: My mom confessed to Hassan that she didn't exchange or return these sunglasses twice, it was actually FIVE times. Hmmm...

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

give you mom my congrats! She has dedication!

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home