Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Random Things

As you can probably tell, I'm a list-person. When I have fragments of odd information in my head, I organize it better by putting things into a list. Besides, it looks better anyway.

1) Ever have a recurring dream? My husband says "NO", but he's always the counter-point in my discussions and things never seem to apply to him. Anyways, there three dreams that always seem to reappear in my head. Never at the same time, but who knows, I never completely remember my dreams anyway.

*Theme 1: I have dreams of my teeth falling out. Graphic, I know, but think it's related to grinding my teeth. I recall also feeling the anxiety of losing my teeth, but boy am I relieved when I wake up in the morning!

*Theme 2: I have dreams of putting on my contacts...which are the size
of dinner plates. Isn't it the strangest thing? In my dream, it doesn't even phase me that these contact are enormous. I go about in the normal routine putting my contacts on...I rinse them with the contact solution, balance it on my finger without difficulty, and proceed to open up my eye lids to put them on!

*Theme 3: I have a dream about a girl named Angela who I have known since kindergarten. We were "best friends" off and on during elementary school. Honestly, I haven't seen or spoken to her since high school 10 years ago, but it's strange that she still appears in my dreams. I guess there's a small part of me that wonders what has happened to her since then, what she looks like now, and if she still remembers me.

2) Have any favorite household products? I was cleaning our floors yesterday and thought about how much I love "Swiffer" products. I especially love the "Swiffer" dusters for both floor and the hard to reach places. It's amazing to see what static cling can actually pick up! Dust bunnys...gone. Dirt...adios. Murry's fur...hasta la vista! (Downside, contributes to trash.)


My other favorite product (highly recommended by Katrina) is "Rain-X Glass Treatment Wipes" from Target. All you do is wipe your windshield with these handwipes and wait for it to rain. The difference is utterly AMAZING! The rain literally beads up and rolls right off the glass before you even get a chance to turn on your windshield wipers! It works in any type of wet weather. If it's POURING rain while you are driving, it dramatically improves visibility and works so well that you don't even have to use wipers! It's also perfect for those misty days when the "intermittent" wiper setting is TOO slow.

3) This is the time of year when I feel sorry for Murry. The weather is getting warmer and the days are longer. Murry's has the "purrfect" personality of an outdoor cat. Too bad he lives indoors. He sleeps in the sun and stares longingly out the window. His "meows" are pitiful and weak. I know he wants to go outside and explore the terrain of a neighborhood he doesn't even know existed. He's never run more than the length of this house or jumped higher than the height of our countertops.

How can one deal with these guilty feelings? I have gone to incredible lengths to soothe my guilt. Yes...I bought Murry... a cat-harness. He loves it. He practically jumps into it and waits to be clipped in! I put him on deck and anchor him to a couple of bricks. He lays in the sun, flips onto his back, and stretches out. SO cute. It's nowhere close to being in the "great" outdoors, but it sure beats Murry getting stuck in a tree, or worse in a sewer drain.

4) I am Zombie freak. I just finished watching "Dawn of the Dead" and found it highly entertaining. Acutally, any movie where the end of the world is the direct result of flesh-eating zombies and I'm there. I can't get enough of it!!! "28 Days Later"---awesome. "Resident Evil 1" and "Resident Evil 2"---Alice kicks A$$! I don't know why I'm such a fan. Maybe it's the adrenaline rush to see people run away from these gruesome things or watching unsuspecting characters get bit and then transform into the enemy. Has can testify...I yell at the characters to avoid going into a dark room, run a little faster, or shoot the zombies in the head. Can't wait for "Resident Evil 3: Extinction"!

5) Ever watch the same part of a movie twice or thrice? (Sorry, "thrice" is a "Golden Girls" reference!) This is a weird phenomenon that I'm sure has a name on the internet somewhere. Say you are channel surfing and find a movie that interests you for a few minutes. You get bored and surf-on. You forget about the movie all together. Then, sometime later, you channel surf and come across the same EXACT movie only to find yourself watching the SAME EXACT PART OF THE MOVIE you surfed before. It something stupid, I know, but it's also freaky and weird. It's like a tangible form of deja vu, only you it's true to life.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kamran Ahmad, CISSP said...

I didn't know RE 3 was coming out, thanks for the scoop!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

RE3 still needs to be shot, but there are plans...

7:39 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

PS- Just saw "Shawn of the Dead" last weekend. Pretty funny, especially the scene where they "act" like zombies to get through the zombie crowd. Didn't like how more than half the cast literally died in the last 30 minutes of the movie, though!

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home