Monday, May 08, 2006

"Execute"

Forget about being a nurse practitioner, I want to become an IMF secret agent!
Over the weekend, I saw the third installment of "Mission Impossible". Tom Cruise may be the king of all CrAzYs in real life, but as Ethan Hunt, he is AwEsOmE!!!!! The movie overall was GREAT...the best of all three. It had a great story line, breathtaking action scenes, and the coolest gadgets ever! I have to give Tom Cruise credit because I heard that he did about 90% of his own stunts; which in this movie is absolutely phenomenal, especially for a 43 year-old man!

This by far, was one of the best action movies I have seen in a while. By the end of the movie, I felt like I had gotten off a rollercoaster because the movie generates and regenerates enough adrenaline to keep you awake! There are 3 "mini-missions" in this movie and each one keeps you wide-eyed and wanting to see more!

What made this movie better than the other two were the team of characters and gadgets. This time around, there were a team of young (and might I add, VERY fine-looking) agents aiding Ethan. In past movies, I felt like it was only Ethan running solo, but this time he's accompanied by equally skilled agents. Ving Rhames returns as Luther, the loyal technician, who functions as the eyes of the whole operation from an always "abandoned" van. I shouldn't say "always", he did scuba through some tight tunnels and prove that black people CAN swim!

The first hottie of the team is Declan, the lead transporter for the MI team. You might recognize him as the skinny soccer coach in "Bend It Like Beckham", but he's totally buffed up now! I hope they feature him in more MI movies because he definitely has the looks and capability to develop his MI character...maybe even take over for Mr. Hunt?!?!?! MY hero...

Next up is, Zhen and she's not your token Asian chick! Usually I'm a hater when it comes to female action heros (gag...Elektra), but she is an awesome character! Smart and sexy...she definitely pulls her weight in the movie.

Anyways, I hope I didn't give away too much, but I hope it's enough to make you interested to watch the movie sometime soon! Forget the couches he has jumped on, the bizarre interviews, and the flat-out strange PDAs that Tom Cruise does in real life...on the big screen, he's a different person...literally!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kamran Ahmad, CISSP said...

I like the fact that you pointed out that Tom Cruise is a freak... that stated I will take you up on the recommendation of watching this movie.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Kamran-You'll love MI:iii...I forgot to add that they had a new director, J.J. Abrams who created shows like Alias and LOST...so you know it has to be good! (Note that I didn't mention Dawson's Creek which would have totally weakened the MI:iii premise!)

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home