Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day
















After getting married, one of the hardest things that I had to learn was spending holidays 50/50 between families. This Sunday was Mother's Day and it was no exception. Why can't days be longer on days like these? Sigh...


Hassan and I spent the early afternoon with my family at Great Seneca Park. My Auntie Evelyn hosted a "surprise" birthday party for my mom and Mother's Day Picnic. "Surprise" because my mom figured it out last weekend when a family friend called and said that they couldn't come.

The late afternoon was spent with Hassan's family. AmiGee's present was a day off from cooking. Showieb was chef of the day and whipped up some heavy beef-cheese quesadillas. (He denies any Guatamalan influence in his cooking.)

Anyways, welcome to the world of Filipino parties...where it's always a hybrid of two celebrations. In this case, it was Mother's Day and the birthdays of four other people. (Although my mom's name got to be on the cake!)

Here are some highlights...

Our BBQ site for the day...

Me and Mom

Note: I think this is my new favorite picture of everyone.
Has, Me, Edgar (little bro), Mikey (middle bro), and Shanna (Mikey's roommate, I swear)
Edgar just finished his THIRD semester at Penn State. I still can't believe that he's in college! Mikey is undergoing a career change. He's planning to apply to nursing school in the fall. (Watch out , Greg Focker!)
BTW, both of my brother's are single...

All the Mother's of the Day...Mom is the one sitting in the middle with the jean jacket and my aunt is seated to her left. Aren't they the cutest? Katrina's mother is to the right and above my mom in the pink sweater. (You better believe I had to deny any reports that I would be in this picture any time soon!)

One a serious note, Mother's Day Sunday was the best way to end a wonderful weekend. Saturday was spent in the company of new and old friends in celebration of Zehra's graduation. Sunday just completed the circuit between friends and family. I love you, Mom! (Sniff, sniff...I'm getting very sentimental and listening to Nick Lachey's What's Left of Me doesn't help a bit!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kamran Ahmad, CISSP said...

Sarah put a lot of effort into this weekend as well (50/50 of course). She bought and arranged flowers for our mothers and grandmother. The ladies were very excited... her mother even pretended to be asleep so as to not ruin the morning surprise. Wish we could have been there for Zehra, we'll see you all in July though... btw, tell Hassan I said thanks for the advice, we didn't buy.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home