Friday, March 03, 2006

Terrarium
















I am continuing to procrastinate. I really should study, but of course I can't until I'm done blogging. So after my appointment, I derail from the agenda, to make a trip to Michael's craft store.


I missed my brother's birthday because it was in the middle of the week. This week I'll be seeing him at my parents and so I decided to make his birthday gift: a terrarium. I know that he was interested in the concept: a self-sustained, enclosed environment in which you can grow plants with very little water. All you have to do is provide light!

I researched terrariums on the internet and made one for myself a few weeks ago. This is a picture of mine in our kitchen. I bought this "Murry" cat from Michael's today and added it to the scenery. I envision that this is what Murry would look like if he were an outdoor cat. I plan on making another one for our guest bedroom. I'll post the directions on how to make a terrarium later. You can use virtually any large glass container to grow plants in. My ideal glass container will be the one from Crate and Barrel as shown.

Mikey's terrarium will be all-glass, but I haven't picked out his "animal" yet. I was thinking a polar bear to make things more interesting. You are probably wondering why a polar bear. Hint: Mikey and I are dedicated fans of "LOST"!

Well, gotta study. Sigh...looks like Murry, fake "Murry", and the fish aren't the only ones living in a terrarium...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kamran Ahmad, CISSP said...

Thanks for the education on plant life. I thought "Terarium" was something out of the comic books, like "adamantium". Look that one up.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home