Monday, January 30, 2006

New and Improved!

We're back! Safe and sound. Actually, it's been a week or so, but we've been busy recovering from jet lag and the "Mecca Cough". Not to mention laundering loads of laundry from the 18 days we were away!

Needless to say, it was an ABSOLUTELY amazing experience for everyone who went. I can't think of anyone who wasn't touched in some way by this trip...the different types of people from all over the world, the magnitude and grandure of the holiest mosques in the world, the people we connected with, the physical challenges of this trip...

We traveled with a GREAT group of people...not just our "crew", but the ZamZam Tour (I highly recommend them) group. Everyone from the tour guides to the new personalities we met and made friendships with. It was a challenging 18 days both emotionally and physically, but with a good group of people, it makes it bearable.

And how can I forget our "crew"? I had a feeling that this trip would be as good as I thought it was going to be because of you guys! I mean everyone...the patient in-laws who dealt with our jokes, the "3 Musketeers" (Has, Aamir, and Kamran), and my girls from "Destiny's Child" (Zehra and Sarah). Our journey to and from Hajj was truly blessed with good friends.

So, for now, this is an introduction for future blog entries about Hajj. The first installment of a once in a lifetime experience! There are just too many stories to tell, too many experiences to share, and too many pictures to show! So stay tuned for some entertaining stories, learning experiences, random facts about Hajj, and breathtaking pics!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kamran Ahmad, CISSP said...

I thought we were "The Three Stooges". Yeah, this is "Kami Bear" by the way, and I just want to say that Christina, you did a great job in those bathrooms (inside joke, you all will probably hear about that later). We definitely went with the perfect group. I really appreciate the support and medical advice from Nurse Chris. Stay tuned for more stuff on my blog as well, we haven't had a chance to develop our film yet (no we didn't use a digital camera).

2:24 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

I initially thought about putting "Three Stooges", but I thought that I would save you the embarrassment...just like I thought about calling you guys "Kami Bear", Ami Bear", and "Papa Bear".

6:45 PM  
Blogger Kamran Ahmad, CISSP said...

Awh yes, the legendary "Three Bears" as we were dubbed in the streets of Medina.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

Welcome back safe and sound :)

I heard good things about Zam Zam tours.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home