Saturday, February 11, 2006

My Biggest Fear

I can honestly give credit to my brother, Mikey, for this one. A couple years ago we were chatting on AIM and I was home alone.

Mikey on AIM:
"Hey, have you heard of a musician, Sajjad Ali?"

Tanookie78:
"No"

Mikey:
"Check out his website, it's pretty cool: www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/sajjad.php"

Tanookie78:
"Ok...hold on a sec."

I copy and paste the website to a new browser. I'm really curious because where in the world did my brother hear of Sajjad Ali?

Anyways, I'm lead to this legitamate-looking (and decieving) website. The website instructs me to listen to a sample of Sajjad Ali's music while carefully reading the lyrics as they scroll up the screen. The music is Middle-Eastern in origin and sounds rather relaxing. I can barely hear it so I turn up the volume. I start to read the music and after a minute I felt like I was going to die...literally.

I suddenly see this hooded skeleton face. The face comes flying toward the computer screen accompanied by a high-pitched, banchee, blood-curdling scream. I also find myself screaming outloud at the website. NEVER had I been so TERRORFIED...I seriously thought that this hooded figure was going to come out of the computer screen and take my soul or kill me. The length, volume, and pitch of my scream illustrated that. I had my hands to my mouth and was frozen in fear (much like how the victims felt in "The Ring" when they saw the girl climbing out of the well!).

I was so scared that not only was I screaming, but found myself crying. I was crying for 2 reasons... for obvious fear AND how silly I felt that I actually fell for this sick joke.

I IM my brother back and curse for the first time on AIM. I am so angry at him that he sent me this site. How mean was he?!?!?! A second later, Hassan comes home and asks if I'm okay. Apparently, he hears my screaming from the hallway of our apartment building. I'm speechless.

The website he gave me is called a "Flash Prank". It has transformed me into a paranoid web user. I have high anxiety when people foward me emails or tell me to "go to this cool" website. Since then, I have fallen victim to 2 more flash pranks and it has not gotten any easier for me!!!!

Curious?!?!?
***Check out the Sajjad Hajj website: www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/sajjad.php
***Or if you want to be genuinely surprised, pick a website below. One of them is a regular website and the other is a prank site. Take your pick! (If some of them don't work, I apologize because I refuse to check them out myself!)
CHOICE 1: users.cjb.net/ppworks/barney.html
CHOICE 2: www.funny-spot.com/html/Whats-wrong-with-this-Picture.html
CHOICE 3: sugarqube.com/Ecards/CardView.cfm?CardID=1228
***GO TO THIS COOL WEBSITE about "Flash Pranks". Seriously, it discusses the various flash pranks out there and gives a synopsis of what to expect when you visit these sites. Kind of like a spoiler. I'm curious to visit these sites, but NEVER will I go there voluntarily. They freak me out too much: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prank_flash

And remember...you've been warned!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kamran Ahmad, CISSP said...

A friend and I were just talking about these sites last week. He was actually looking for some of those links so I'll send him your blog link. Cool beans!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

HAHA, Meens! You are a lot braver than me! I tried to look at one site, but quickly closed the screen...my palms were all sweaty! At least I saved myself a trip to the bathroom.

Oh, yeah...when are you going to update your blog, girl?!?!?!

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home