Thursday, June 08, 2006

Rewind...

...In the beginning of May, I made a trip out to Ohio to visit my old friend Meenu.















Here's our history:
The good old days! Meens and I go way back to nursing school 7 years ago when she and I wore those nasty white nursing uniforms and practiced dressing wounds on mannequins in the clinical sim labs. Now she's married and moved to Ohio last summer.

I was honored to be one of her first friends from Maryland to visit Meenu and her husband. She has a wonderful home and was a gracious hostess while I was there! Here are some pictures to document my visit:

This was where I stayed for the weekend. Meenu had a basket of goodies and a present waiting for me in the room.
I LOVED that the guest room had it's own bathroom and is on a separate floor than the master bedroom. It was like living in an apartment loft! Did I mention the bathroom?!?!? I LOVE it! You'll see in a minute...

If you didn't know me already, I'm a BIG fan of clean and spacious bathrooms. It was VERY refreshing not having to share a bathroom littered with various types of body hair or walking into a bathroom where I had to turn the fan on. So when I saw this private, clean, and barely used bathroom with a skylight I was delighted!!! I loved how I didn't have to turn the lights on during the day because the room was filled with natural light.



Meenu and her sweet sister-in-law, Kiren, took me to the Cleveland Science Center. Aside from the second floor attractions, this robot was the highlight of the science center. Basically, you type in a word and the robot will say it out loud for everyone to hear. We took advantage of this robot by typing some pretty vulgar things. We weren't very good girls here! "Meenu! Meenu!"

The second floor had more "Hands On" things for us do. We were busy bees bouncing from one station to another. "Look at this!!!" we'd scream from across the room.

This mirror trick was like being on the "Matrix". Kiren did a great job looking like she was going to kick Keeanu's a$$.


Hassan laughed out loud when he first saw this picture of me. For some odd reason, he finds it highly entertaining when I have a cheesy smile or when my fingers are stretched out completely. In this picture, I've got both and Hassan ended up imitating me. Weirdo.


Aww...here's the both of us in front of downtown Cleveland. Here's an interesting fact about my trip: Meens and I did so much shopping that weekend that I didn't have to wear a single shirt that I packed! Well...with the exception of this photo. But it was the jacket that was new!

That night I visited Meenu's in-laws and a wonderful dinner at their home. Later, we caught a late show of "MI:iii".

On my last day, Meenu and I visited a local flea market. Later, we went to a British antique car show. Her husband, Mandeep is a fanatic about British cars and enjoys fixing up old cars. He entered his 1976(?) Mini Cooper in this car show. He actually purchased this car in England and shipped it overseas to Ohio. I really enjoyed looking at all the cars and asked a lot of questions. I learned quite a bit about Morris Minor cars. After the show, we drove home in this car. The steering wheel was on the right side AND it was a manual. Try driving that! Cute car.


I was sad to leave Meenu. I really had a great time and hope to visit again with Hassan. She's got a lovely family in Cleveland!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kamran Ahmad, CISSP said...

Nice pix Chris!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip!

Kami and I went the "Exploratorium" in San Fran, which loogs a lot like a sci ctr, you went too... it was SUCH a blast. I love places like that. :)

So the shopping was good in Cleveland?

~Sarah

4:12 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Sarah-

Shopping was okay...they had outlet stores that were really near by. Convenience was key!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home