Wednesday, December 29, 2010

3 Beautiful Things Monday (on Thursday)

I love writing, but I find it hard to find the time to actually write let alone blog. So I will take things in stride and post something at least once a week in the form of 3 Beautiful Things Monday (starting on a Thursday)

1) Coming home after work: I love it when I unlock the door and my two kids coming running at their fastest capacity to see me. "Mama!" my daughter yells and give me a hug at the knees and around the corner comes my son in the same enthusiasm. She's eager to tell me anything, something off the top of her head, "Weston went poop today" or "Batchoy pulled pulled my hair!" Then not far behind her is baby Zain walking fast. He's usually holding a piece of junk mail and flapping it around like it's an important telegram I. LOVE. IT.

2) Healthy kids: I thank God that my kids are healthy and don't have a chronic illness. Since becoming a mother, I have become a better practitioner, but also an empathetic one. I am especially affected by those patients who are the same age as my children.

3) Carbon Monoxide Detectors: It's all over the Baltimore news this season. Families who don't wake up in the morning only to be discovered by a neighbor or relative peeking through the front door. Carbon monoxide poisoning is a silent killer. It's a gas that can't be seen or smelled and is caused by faulty heating sources like old furnaces, gas stoves used for heat, or poorly ventilated gas generators. Get a carbon monoxide detector for each floor of your house and protect your family.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Mahera said...

i'm reading!

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home