Saturday, August 11, 2007

MFTEE

"MFTEE" = My Favorite "Transformers" Episode EVER

Recently saw "Transformers" TWICE because it was so good. I haven't seen a movie like that in a long time in the theatres. When people "ohhhh", "ahhhh", and give a standing ovation at the end of a film, you know it was good movie.

After watching the movie, I wanted to reminesce about the Transformer's cartoon episodes. I found my favorite episode EVER in it's entirety. Of course, Optimus Prime is a part of the main storyline in this one. As a kid, I remember liking this episode because you see softer, more affectionate side of Optimus that I found endearing. Not to mention that there were FEMALE Autobots! Enough said and ENJOY!

http://truveo.com/?method=truveo.videos.getVideos&query=id%3A2208371973&play=1

3 Comments:

Blogger Kamran Ahmad, CISSP said...

It took me awhile but I finally watched the episode Chris. I never saw this one, but I've heard about it.

Couple of questions though:

Alpha Trion, so is he Optimus's creator? If so, why was he so secretive about it? What does it matter? Was Prime an illegitmate creation... the result of a one night lube job?

Why were the female Autobots near extinction? Are Transformers misogynistic? Did they repress and brutalize their females? There must have been a lot of lawsuits.

Why do the Autobots sound like hillbillies and cowboys? Were they from the trailer park on Cybertron?

That weird scene with Optimus recharging Elita... that wasn't sexual at all... yeah right. Get a room you guys.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Did you like the episode? Not sure if I can answer all of you questions...maybe just hypothesize! Besides, we can talk more about it during the Outer Banks trip!

Yes, Alpha Trion was their creator. Not sure why he was secretive...probably because the autobots back then were actually slaves and he probably didn't want others to know about his project.

Good pick up on the southern accents of the autobots...I always attributed their accents depending on the type of car they were...trucks, vans, ambulances, etc.

I'd like to think that for every male autobot, that they each have a female companion to "recharge" with. Awww...

6:10 PM  
Blogger Kamran Ahmad, CISSP said...

I never saw this episode or I completely forgot about it. I liked it, it was surprisingly good even for being decades old. It just took me awhile to sit down and watch it in full with work and all.

Oh yes, we will totally geek out this September. The others will just have to bare it or come out of the closet with their pocket protectors and glasses (cause they are nerds too).

I like your slave theory, it makes sense. Alpha Trion didn't want them to call him their master, he wanted them to be the master of their own destinies perhaps...

Voices, another sound theory. Jazz was always my favorite voice... too bad he had such an untimely death in the movie. That's what you get for being an over-the-top hip hop ebonics guy.

Yeah, as far as the male/female bot thing goes... gross me out... girls have COOTIES!!!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home