Saturday, August 11, 2007

"I Am Not a Plastic Bag"

For the past few months I have been using reusable bags for my grocery shopping. I never would have thought about using them until it was given to me for free by Whole Foods. At first I was kind of self-conscious using them at my local grocery store. Then I saw someone bring their own bag and I thought to myself, "You go girl!" It takes just one person to start a chain of events and she (unknow to her) motivated me to start using those reusable bags. I hope to inspire others to emerge from the "landfill" and purchase those reusable bags.

It's a liberating feeling knowing that I'm not contributing to as much non-degradable materials in our landfill. Besides, I've cut down on the clutter in our pantry trying to store all those plastic bags and we still enough bags around the house to line our trashcans and clean out Murry's litter box (special thanks to Target).

So, if you are reading this blog...purchase one of those reusable grocery bags at your local grocery store. Your purchase won't go unnoticed. Most grocery stores will credit you 3-cents for every reusable bag you use towards your total purchase. 3-cents won't make a difference in your budget, but grocery stores will be able to track how many people use reusable bags. If there are enough people using them, then they will make more because of the popularity and the demand. The more people using them, the more reusable bags they will sell and the less plastic bags you (and they) will use. It's a good promotion and it only takes just one person to turn the wheel...
"I Am Not a Plastic Bag" is hottest selling bag around the world. It was designed by Anya Hindmarch. Not only is it a fashion statement, but one can skip looking like a tree hugger in the grocery store and use this trendy bag for your groceries or as a large purse. I tried to get my hands on one of these bags, but they are sold out world-wide!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kamran Ahmad, CISSP said...

Well you convinced me. Now if only someone would give me one of those bags for FREE!

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home