Sunday, August 21, 2005

What is Tanookie78?

Wondering where I thought of the name Tanookie78?

"78": easy to figure out...stand for my birth year 1978. So that makes me 27, huh? Darn.

"Tanookie": think back to the late 1980s and early 1990s...remember Nintendo? Super Mario 3?

In this third installment of Super Mario Brothers, Mario could turn into different characters that possessed certain powers. There was "Frog Mario" who could swim underwater for longer periods of time in that water levels. Then there was "Raccoon Mario" who could fly farther by spinning his cute raccoon tail. Finally, there was "Tanookie Mario". He was a breed between Raccoon Mario and a bear(Pooh Bear?). He was a tan, pudgy animal with a tail and cute little ears. Not only could he fly like Raccoon Mario, but he could turn into stone for brief periods (therefore avoiding the attacks from enemies in the Mushroom Kingdom).

I thought he was a cute little animal with a cute little name. Looking back now, he resembled "Pikachu" from Pokemon, whom I thought was really cute. And now there's Murry...my real-life Tanookie/Pikachu!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home